The Museum comes with a Safehouse for you to live in whilst adding to your collection. The Safehouse is located at the top of the stairs running parallel to the stairs leading to the Museum main entrance.
You receive the key to the Safehouse either immediately when starting a game through Alternate start - Live Another Life with the Relic Hunter Start or after reaching a display count of 50. When you do not start with Live Another Life, a messenger will deliver the key to you together with a note from Auryen.
- Safehouse Follower Furniture Receipt (A) (Follower's Room upgrade) - "1 set of followers' common room furniture including 4 beds, 4 chests, 4 end tables and lamps, shelf, table and chairs, bar set, kegs, and assorted decor."
- Safehouse Kids Furniture Receipt (B) (Children's Bedroom upgrade) - "1 set of children's furniture including 6 beds, 6 chests, dresser, shelf, practice dummy, rocking horse, 1 table, deluxe Dragonsreach dollhouse, toy box and assorted decor and children's toys."
- Safehouse Patio Greenhouse Receipt (Patio upgrade 1) - "Greenhouse with mushroom box and an assortment of custom planter boxes. Also included is a sack of seedlings to get you started."
- Safehouse Patio Seating Receipt (Patio upgrade 2) - "Full patio awning with table, chairs and other decor."
Adopting 6 children and moving them to the Safehouse requires the Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions mod, and having used the "Bless Home" ability the mod gives you, while in the Safehouse. If this mod is not installed, you will not be able to move your family to the Safehouse.
The Safehouse features additional displays for certain items found in the world, if the supported mod is installed:
- If The Curator's Companion is installed and the Achievement system is activated, unique displays will be activated in the Master Bedroom on the right of the bed, including unique Curator weapons and equipment. Completing achievements from the mod will give gold rewards in a small chest on top of the cabinet, used to store Fate Cards; while achievement item rewards will spawn somewhere in the museum to be collected.
- The Inn Soaps Display for LotD patch adds a display for Inn Soaps in the Bathing Room adjacent to the Master Bedroom.
- If Cloaks of Skyrim is installed, Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches (Official) SE adds a Cloaks Dresser, a new room which can be accessed from the Master Bedroom.
- If Additional Hearthfire Dolls is installed, Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches (Official) SE adds a display to the hallway on the second floor on the left.
- If Cheesemod for EVERYONE is installed, Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches (Official) SE adds a Cheese Aging Room in the Kitchen on the right hand side, next to the dishes hutch, where the cheeses are stored and displayed.
- With Legacy Safehouse Plus installed, a display hutch for Dwemer bowls and cuttlery is added in the dining room before the Kitchen.
Note: Safehouse Plus also adds more receipts for setting up the Children's Bedroom and the Follower's Room. Stick to the original Safehouse Follower Furniture Receipt (A) if you want to keep the displays described below!
- The Legacy of the Dragonborn - Shirley Follower Display Patch adds a display in the Follower's Room for the follower mod Shirley - A Skyrim Follower Mod.
NOTE: Shirley's and M'rissi's (see below) display spaces occupy the same area, pick only one.
- The Legacy of the Dragonborn - Followers Patch (Inigo-Auri-Kaidan-M'rissi-Hoth-Vilja) adds customized beds with displays to the Follower's Room for these follower mods: