Please keep in mind these three rules when playing Legacy of the Dragonborn in order to guarantee the most stable experience possible:
1) Do not add or remove mods after starting a playthrough.
2) Do not use console commands unless instructed to do so by a developer.
3) Save your game regularity using hard saves.
Each of these locations can either only be visited once or the relics will despawn after your first visit. They will be lost forever if they are not obtained during your first (and last) visit.
|Roasted Ox Head|
|Roasted Ox Leg|
|Nord Head (requires BadGremlin's Trophy Heads, the main quest completed esp on BadGremlins Trophy Heads mod page places the head atop the Throat of the World instead)|
|Dragon Priest Staff (Wall of Lightning) (you must let Nahkriin take it from the seal so you can loot it and thus make the replica later.)|
|Nahkriin's Gloves (requires Konahrik's Accoutrements)|
|Nahkriin's Robes (requires Konahrik's Accoutrements)|
|Nahkriin's Greaves (requires Konahrik's Accoutrements)|
|Cloak of Nahkriin|
|Dovah Luv (Technically also obtainable at player level 75 via smithing. Requires Jaysus Swords)|
|Left Eye of the Falmer|
|Right Eye of the Falmer|
|Morokei's Gloves (requires Konahrik's Accoutrements)|
|Morokei's Robes (requires Konahrik's Accoutrements)|
|Morokei's Greaves (requires Konahrik's Accoutrements)|
|Cloak of Morokei|
|If either of the masks Morokei or Nahkriin are missed, Konahrik becomes unavailable. Without Kohnarik, most items from Konahrik's Accoutrements become unobtainable.|
|Jade Dragon 4|
|Ruby Paragon -> Auriel's Shield|
|Circlet of Waterbreathing|
|Amulet of Auriel (requires Amulets of Skyrim)|
|Bloated Man's Grotto (before 'Ill Met by Moonlight')|
|Bolar's Oathblade (before Ill Met by Moonlight)|
|Summerset Royal Mark|
|Dominion Bronze Piece (also obtainable from a treasure map)|
|Calliben's Grim Retort (requires Oblivion Artifact Pack)|
|Thalmor Head (requires BadGremlin's Trophy Heads)|
|Any Orc Stronghold, except Largashbur|
|The Forgemaster's Fingers (Not obtainable if you are an Orc)|
|Ancient Shrouded Armor (not obtainable if you decided to destroy the Brotherhood or neglect to kill Giaus Maro in public)|
|Peak's Shade Tower|
|Alvante's Armor (requires Oblivion Artifact Pack)|
|Alvante's Boots (requires Oblivion Artifact Pack)|
|Alvante's Gloves (requires Oblivion Artifact Pack)|
|Alvante's Hood (requires Oblivion Artifact Pack)|
|Claws of Hiefnir (requires Artifacts of Skyrim)|
|Serpent's Bluff Ruins|
|Ghazorah's Inferno (requires Artifacts of Skyrim)|
Quests to postpone
- Ill Met by Moonlight
- Makes Bolar's Oathblade unobtainable. Travel to Bloated Man's Grotto before getting to the hunt part of this quest.
- If you choose to save Sinding, you will not be able to craft Savior's Hide (Replica). Therefore it is advised to kill & skin Sinding, since you will still be able to craft Ring of Hircine (Replica).
- A Daedra's Best Friend
- Lost to the Ages
- Find the Helm of Winterhold
- Civil War
- It is recommended that you become Thane of every hold before completing the Civil War questline, as siding with either the Empire or the Stormcloaks will make certain quests and unique items unavailable.
- Finishing this questline will change guards in some holds, making their outfits unobtainable.
- If you side with the Empire:
- Maven Black-Briar will become Jarl of Riften. She will not give you the option to become Thane of Riften if you have completed the 'The Raid' prior to siding with the Empire.
- Jarl Korir will not be available for the aforementioned Helm of Winterhold quest.
- 'Blood on the Ice' cannot be started, making the Necromancer's Amulet unobtainable. You may be able to start this quest by purchasing Hjerim and entering the home.
- If you side with the Stormcloaks:
- Thongvor will become Jarl of Markarth. He will not give you the option to collect Hrolfdir's Shield.
- Season Unending
- Will cause certain Jarls to step down making their quests unavailable and change the outfits of town guards, making them unobtainable.
- To Kill an Empire
- Revealing the Unseen
- If you are using Royal Armory, the Dagger of Shalidor will no longer be obtainable after this quest.
Getting your archeology skill up is a major part of a relic hunter run. As soon as you get your Explorer's Society guild house, you have acces to the special skill trees. Look out for excavation dig sites in every dungeon, they yield important fragments for your Hall of Lost Empires. The amount of fragments you need for every craftable item are listed below. Note that these numbers would require over 250 minings to get (without the perks).
Besides mining, the player can send 4 Explorer Society Guild members on excavations (Eriana cannot be sent out) every 3 days to collect fragments. They collect about 5 - 6 pieces each with a decent chance to get keystones.
Dawnguard vs Volkihar Clan
Not sure what side holds the most relics for you to display? They're listed below.
|Amulet of Bats|
|Amulet of the Gargoyle|
|Ancient Vampire Leg|
|Ancient Vampire Ribcage|
|Ancient Vampire Hands|
|Ancient Vampire Arm|
|Ancient Vampire Head|
|Ring of the Beast|
|Ring of the Erudite|
|Staff of Ruunvald|
Note: The Dwemer Crossbow schematics are made available to Vampires by Legacy of the Dragonborn through the Ancient Technology quest.
With V5 of Legacy of the Dragonborn, all artifacts should be obtainable regardless of which side you pick.
Other quest choices
Amulets of Skyrim users can only obtain the Amulet of the Rueful Axe by killing Barbas, and users who spare Barbas can acquire the Amulet of Clavicus Vile by exchanging the Masque of Clavicus Vile at a forge for the amulet.
Keep in mind these mods are not officially endorsed by the developers.
Allows you to get both artifacts from quests where you would normally have to choose only one of two.
- Clan Volkihar Epilogues (Classic only)
Allows you to get both side's artifacts from the Dawnguard quest chains. A third party legacy patch exists for this mod, be sure to get it.
Gives you a way to get more aetherium ore in the Aetherium Armor and Weapons Compilation mod. In the original mod, you can't find more than a certain amount of it.
Keeps your unused training sessions for later. Good if you are looking to boost your pickpocket to high levels to get equipped artifacts, or activating the skill related displays.
Mainly helpful to provide a way to obtain the Royal Armory weapons in a reasonable way. You are able to challenge a NPC and take their artifact. Note that it reduces their disposition towards you however.
If you would rather barter with people for their items, NPC Bartering allows you to do just that [Note: unknown if NPCs will sell their weapon].
Will show books as having been read or not simply by hovering the cursor over them in the world.
This mod allows you to quickly scan bookcases etc for unread books, without having to hover over every book individually. Note: In Classic this mod is known to make Calcemo's note during Much Ado About Snow Elves appear blank.
This mod adds over 700 new map markers, allowing you to bypass the usual once-per-playthrough restrictions on Japhet's Folly and Skuldafn, should you miss any of the artifacts at either location.
Gives you a way to acquire some displays for Amulets of Skyrim where you normally would have to use the console, as well as other fixes to the main mod.