The Gallery of Natural Science is the part of the museum that covers the rich flora, fauna and minerals Skyrim has. Its entrance is in the Main Gallery in the same wing as the Hall of Oddities. Instead of going straight to the Oddities Room, you have to turn to the right and go downstairs. Along the stairs there about 12 paintings spots.
The Gallery of Natural Science features buildable static displays. Additionally, the Gemstone display and the Tidal Pool display are located here. There are additional displays if the mods BadGremlins Captured Fairies and/or BadGremlins Something Fishy are installed.
The displays are listed below from left to right to center:
Fairy Shelves (BadGremlin's Captured Fairies mod)
With BadGremlin's Captured Fairies installed, shelves will be activated in the Gallery of Natural Science whereupon you can place the fairy cages. When they are placed they will become empty (except for a few fairies) as the fairies reclaim their freedom in the Flora display. The map with the locations of all the fairies that comes with the mod can be found by Crabber's Shanty.
Below is a list of all the captured fairies and their location in the world. The list goes from top to bottom.
This display is a interactive representation of the flora that can be found in Skyrim. It works with a regular fertile soil system like the Hearthfire DLC provides.
Additionally this display is home to BadGremlin's Captured Fairies if the mod is installed.
Chaurus & Spider Display
- Chaurus Chitin
- Chaurus Egg
- Spider Egg
- Frostbite Venom
The five bug jars from Skyrim can be placed on display here, the insects will fly around freely in the display once the jars are placed.
List of bugs:
Wolf & Deer display
- Elk Hide
- Wolf Pelt x 2
Sabrecat & Bear display
- Bear Claws
- Bear Pelt
- Sabrecat Tooth
- Sabrecat Pelt
Horker & Mudcrab display
- Mudcrab Chitin x 3
- Horker Meat
- Horker Tusk
- Falmer Armor x 2
- Falmer Ear x 2
- Chicken Breast
- Chicken's Egg
- Horse Meat
- Horse Hide
- Cow Hide x 2
- Dog Meat x 2
Troll & Goat display
- Troll Fat x 2
- Troll Skull x 2
- Goat Hides x 2
- Goat Horns x 2
Hagraven & Spriggan Display
- Hagraven Claw
- Hagraven Feathers
- Spriggan Sap
- Dragon Bone
- Sorgul Scales
- Dragon Bone
- Dragon Scales
Naaslaaren or Voslaaren:
- Dragon Bone
- Naaslaaren Scales OR
- Voslaaren Scales
- Dragon Bone
- Sahrotaar Scales
- Dragon Bone
- Dragon Scales
- Dragon Bone
- Yekren Scales
- Dragon Bone
- Vulthuryol Scales
With BadGremlin's Something Fishy installed there are shelves to display the fishbowls, and the fish will be set free in the Aquarium, otherwise it is just a display with some fish swimming around in it.
Fish Shelves (BadGremlin's Something Fishy mod)
Below is a list of all the fish and their location in the world. The list goes from top to bottom.
|Top row - Left|
|Betta Red||Betta Red|
|Betta Blue||Betta Blue|
|Betta Green||Betta Green|
|Abeclongfin||Understone Keep in Markarth, on a pedestal behind the alchemy lab in Calcelmo's Laboratory.|
|Cyrospade||Mistveil Keep in Riften, on the counter in Wylandriah's shop.|
|Top row - Right|
|Riverbetty||The White Hall in Dawnstar, on a shelf behind the counter in the war room with the alchemy shop.|
|Histcarp||Dragonsreach in Whiterun, on the table near the alchemy lab in Farengar's quarters.|
|Silverperch||Blue Palace in Solitude, on the top floor on a nightstand by the bed in Sybille's quarters.|
|Guppy||Mistveil Keep in Riften, on a small table in the corridor behind the Jarl's throne.|
|Diver||Treasury House in Markarth, on a pedestal between two bedrooms.|
|Bottom row - Left|
|Jellyfish||Blue Palace in Solitude, on the dresser to the right of the door leading to the kitchen.|
|Fishbowl 3||Understone Keep in Markarth, to the left of the Jarl's throne.|
|Fishbowl 2||Palace of the Kings in Windhelm, on a table at the back of the war room.|
|Bottom row - Right|
|Fishbowl 12||Highmoon Hall in Morthal, on a shelf in Idgrod the Younger's room.|
|Fishbowl 15||Jarl's Longhouse in Falkreath, in the upper left bedroom, on the top shelf behind the door.|
|Fishbowl 1||Dragonsreach in Whiterun, on a shelf above the desk in the bedroom above the stairs in the Jarl's quarters.|
Mammoth & GiantMammoth:
- Mammoth Snout
- Mammoth Tusk
Tidal Pool Display
Displays the seashells of the fully integrated mod: Seashells. They spawn randomly along The Sea of Ghosts in the northern-most part of Skyrim.
List of seashells:
- Conch - Blue
- Conch - Green
- Conch - Orange
- Conch - Red
- Conch - Spotted
- Conch - Striped
- Conch - Weathered
- Conch - White
- Coral - Blue
- Coral - Gray
- Coral - Green
- Coral - Orange
- Coral - Pink
- Coral - Purple
- Coral - Red
- Coral - Slate
- Coral - Spiked
- Coral - Yellow
- Large Shell - Beige
- Large Shell - Blue
- Large Shell - Gray
- Large Shell - Green
- Large Shell - Purple
- Large Shell - Red
- Old Clam - Large
- Old Clam - Medium
- Old Clam - Thin
- Pansy Shell - Brown
- Pansy Shell - Gray
- Pansy Shell - Purple
- Porceletta - Spotted
- Porceletta - Striped
- Scallop Shell - Beige
- Scallop Shell - Blue
- Scallop Shell - Brown
- Scallop Shell - Bruised
- Scallop Shell - Colorful
- Scallop Shell - Cream
- Scallop Shell - Dirty Blue
- Scallop Shell - Double-Striped (1)
- Scallop Shell - Double-Striped (2)
- Scallop Shell - Fine Green
- Scallop Shell - Green and White
- Scallop Shell - Knobbly
- Scallop Shell - Lilac
- Scallop Shell - Orange
- Scallop Shell - Orange and Pink
- Scallop Shell - Purple and White
- Scallop Shell - Red
- Scallop Shell - Rough
- Scallop Shell - Sea Green
- Scallop Shell - Slate
- Scallop Shell - Soft Blue
- Scallop Shell - Soft Orange
- Scallop Shell - Striped
- Scallop Shell - Taffy-Striped
- Scallop Shell - Wavy Purple
- Seabird Feathers
- Sea Crystal
- Small Mudcrab Chitin
- Smooth Pearl
- Starfish - Blue
- Starfish - Gray
- Starfish - Green
- Starfish - Pink
- Starfish - Purple
- Starfish - Red
Red Mountain Display
The Red Mountain Display is the only display in the Gallery of the Natural Science that doesn't need anything to be displayed. It is just an enjoyable view with some information.
A display for the fully integrated mod: The Gemstone Collector. They can mainly be found randomly in loot containers and through mining. Some can also be found on tabletops in fixed locations.
List of gemstones:
|Agate||Warmaiden's in Whiterun, on the counter.|
|Amethyst||Embershard Mine in Falkreath Hold, on the table in the storeroom at the back of the mine.|
|Aragonite||Dead Man's Drink in Falkreath, on the counter.|
|Aventurine||Ysolda's House in Whiterun, on the table.|
|Calcite||Olava the Feeble's House in Whiterun, on top of the cupboard.|
|Celestite||Jala's House in Solitude, on the table right next to the door.|
|ChatoyantQuartz||Amren's House in Whiterun, on top of the cupboard by the door.|
|Chrysocolla||Irgnir's House in Dawnstar, on the small, round table in the corner at the back of the room.|
|Chrysoprase||Falion's House in Morthal, on the table between the bed and the wardrobe.|
|Cuprite||On the table in Fellstar Farm in Ivarstead.|
|Flourite||Hod and Gerdur's House in Riverwood, on the end table next to the small bed.|
|Garnet||Embershard Mine in Falkreath Hold, on the table in the storeroom at the back of the mine.|
|Green Tourmaline||Battle-Born Farm, on a shelf above the stack of firewood.|
|Gypsum||Rustleif's House in Dawnstar, on a small, round table in the corner of the room.|
|Helidor||Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun, on the counter.|
|Hematite||Gray Pine Goods in Falkreath, on the counter.|
|Hessonite Garnet||Solitude Blacksmith in Solitude, on a low table at the top of the stairs.|
|Ivory||Black-Briar Manor in Riften, by the bed in a bedroom on the top floor.|
|Jasper||Fruki's House in Dawnstar, on a table to the right of the door when entering.|
|Kunzite||Anise's Cabin in Falkreath Hold, on the counter in the basement.|
|Kyanite||The Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun, on the counter.|
|Labradorite||Belethor's General Goods in Whiterun, on the counter.|
|Lepidolite||Pelagia Farm in Whiterun Hold on top of the cupboard by the firepit.|
|Petalite||Moorside Inn in Morthal, on the counter.|
|Pyrite||Sven and Hilde's House in Riverwood, on an end table between the beds.|
|Quantum Quattro Silica|
|Quartz||The Riverwood Trader in Riverwood, on the counter.|
|Rhodochrosite||On a small table in the Arch-Mage's Quarters in the College of Winterhold.|
|Ruby||Embershard Mine in Falkreath Hold, on the table in the storeroom at the back of the mine.|
|Schorl Tourmaline||Bits and Pieces in Solitude, on the counter.|
|Serpentine||Leigelf's House in Dawnstar, on a small, round table in the corner of the room.|
|Smithsonite||Jorrvaskr Living Quarters, on the round table outside Kodlak's quarters.|
|Sodalite||Alvor and Sigrid's House in Riverwood, on the table in the basement.|
|Turquoise||The Winking Skeever in Solitude, on a long table in the hallway leading to the stairs, on the ground floor.|
|Vesuvianite||The Blue Palace in Solitude, on the shelves in Sybille's room. Her room is on the second floor, to the left of the throne room.|
SPOILER list - How to get all items
Buildable static displays
- Chaurus and Spider display: Chaurus: 1 Chaurus Chitin, 1 Chaurus Egg. Spider: 1 Spider Egg, 1 Frostbite Venom
- Wolf and Deer display: Deer: 1 Elk Hide, 1 Venison. Wolf: 2 Wolf Pelts
- Sabrecat and Bear display: Bear: 1 Bear Claws, 1 Bear Pelt. Sabrecat: 1 Sabrecat Tooth, 1 Sabrecat Pelt
- Horker and Mudcrab display: Mudcrab: 3 Mudcrab Chitin. Horker: 1 Horker Meat, 1 Horker Tusk
- Falmer display: 2 Falmer Armor, 2 Falmer Ear
- Farm display: Chicken: 1 Chicken Breast, 1 Chicken's Egg. Horse: 1 Horse Meat, 1 Horse Hide. Cow: 2 Cow Hides. Dog: 2 Dog Meat
- Troll and Goat display: Troll: 2 Troll Fat, 2 Troll Skulls. Goat: 2 Goat Hides, 2 Goat Horns
- Hagraven and Spriggan display: Hagraven: 1 Hagraven Claw, 1 Hagraven Feathers. Spriggan: 1 Spriggan Sap, 1 Taproot
- Dragon display: Sorgul: 1 Dragon Bone, 1 Sorgul Scales. Elder Dragon: 1 Dragon Bone, 1 Dragon Scales. Naaslaaren or Voslaaren: 1 Dragon Bone, 1 Naaslaaren Scales or Voslaaren Scales. Sahrotaar: 1 Dragon Bone, 1 Sahrotaar Scales. Legendary Dragon: 1 Dragon Bone, 1 Dragon Scales. Yekren: 1 Dragon Bone, 1 Yekren Scales. Vulthuryol: 1 Dragon Bone, 1 Vulthuryol Scales
- Mammoth and Giant display: 1 Mammoth Snout, 1 Mammoth Tusk
- Bee in a Jar: Can be found at Goldenglow Estate, in Aringoth's bedroom on the second floor.
- Butterfly in a Jar: Can be found in the Alchemist's Shack by the side of the road south of Ivarstead, west of the Rift Imperial Camp.
- Dragonfly in a Jar: Can be found in Dushnikh Yal, inside Burguk's Longhouse in the cellar (which is entered via a trapdoor to the right of the fireplace, directly ahead from the entrance to the longhouse). The Dragonfly in a Jar is located on the lower shelf of a cupboard, which is under the scaffolding when first entering the cellar.
- Moth in a Jar: In Duskglow Crevice, on the end table near a clothes iron at the end of the map, specifically in the final room on the West side of the map.
- Torchbug in a Jar: The jar can be found in the Frostflow Lighthouse, above the fireplace on the first floor.
They can mainly be found randomly in loot containers and through mining. Some can also be found on tabletops in fixed locations.
- Achroite Tourmaline
- Almandine Garnet
- Amber (treesap)
- Andradite Garnet
- Aqua Aura
- Black Opal
- Blue Garnet
- Blue Topaz
- Coral (slaughterfish)
- Cuprite: On the table in Fellstar Farm in Ivarstead.
- Demantoid Garnet
- Dravite Tourmaline
- Flawless Amethyst
- Flawless Diamond
- Flawless Emerald
- Flawless Garnet
- Flawless Ruby
- Flawless Sapphire
- Green Tourmaline
- Hessonite Garnet
- Imperial Jadeite
- Indicolite Tourmaline
- Ivory (horkers)
- Lapis Lazuli
- Quantum Quattro Silica
- Red Diamond
- Red Emerald
- Rhodochrosite: On a small table in the Arch-Mage's Quarters in the College of Winterhold.
- Rubilite Tourmaline
- Schorl Tourmaline
- Spessartine Garnet
- Sulphur (Explosive)
- Titanite (Radioactive)
- Tsavorite Garnet
- Watermelon Tourmaline
Fairy Shelves (requires BadGremlin's Captured Fairies mod)
- Fairy Cage 1: Fairy Cage 1
- Fairy Cage 2: Fairy Cage 2
- Fairy Cage 3: Fairy Cage 3
- Goth Fairy: The Sea Squall in Dawnstar, on the northern side of the deck.
- Zelda's Fairy: Fisherman's Island (unmarked location), near the boat.
- Tinker Fairy: Near Hela's Folly, on a barrel in Deekus' camp.
- Fairy Cage 4: Fairy Cage 4
- Fairy Cage 5: Fairy Cage 5
- Fairy Cage 6: Fairy Cage 6
- Great Fairy: Solitude Lighthouse, at the very top of the lighthouse.
- Fairy Cage 17: Fairy Cage 17
- Fairy Cage 18: Fairy Cage 18
- Fairy Cage 7: Fairy Cage 7
- Fairy Cage 8: Fairy Cage 8
- Fairy Cage 9: Fairy Cage 9
- Fairy Cage 19: Fairy Cage 19
- Fairy Cage 20: Fairy Cage 20
- Fairy Cage 21: Fairy Cage 21
- Rotting Fairy: Riften Docks, on a small fisher boat under a bridge.
- Dead Fairy: The Silvermoon (unmarked location) in Lake Ilinalta, near the table in the former captain's quarters.
- Fairy Cage 12: Fairy Cage 12
- Hag Fairy: Septimus Signus' Outpost, in a boat by the entrance.
Fish Shelves (requires BadGremlin's Something Fishy mod)
- Betta Red: Betta Red
- Betta Blue: Betta Blue
- Betta Green: Betta Green
- Abeclongfin: Understone Keep in Markarth, on a pedestal behind the alchemy lab in Calcelmo's Laboratory.
- Cyrospade: Mistveil Keep in Riften, on the counter in Wylandriah's shop.
- Riverbetty: The White Hall in Dawnstar, on a shelf behind the counter in the war room with the alchemy shop.
- Histcarp: Dragonsreach in Whiterun, on the table near the alchemy lab in Farengar's quarters.
- Silverperch: Blue Palace in Solitude, on the top floor on a nightstand by the bed in Sybille's quarters.
- Guppy: Mistveil Keep in Riften, on a small table in the corridor behind the Jarl's throne.
- Diver: Treasury House in Markarth, on a pedestal between two bedrooms.
- Jellyfish: Blue Palace in Solitude, on the dresser to the right of the door leading to the kitchen.
- Fishbowl 3: Understone Keep in Markarth, to the left of the Jarl's throne.
- Fishbowl 2: Palace of the Kings in Windhelm, on a table at the back of the war room.
- Fishbowl 12: Highmoon Hall in Morthal, on a shelf in Idgrod the Younger's room.
- Fishbowl 15: Jarl's Longhouse in Falkreath, in the upper left bedroom, on the top shelf behind the door.
- Fishbowl 1: Dragonsreach in Whiterun, on a shelf above the desk in the bedroom above the stairs in the Jarl's quarters.
Total list of items needed for all wildlife displays (listed alphabetically)
- 1 Bear Claws
- 1 Bear Pelt
- 1 Chaurus Chitin
- 1 Chaurus Egg
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Chicken's Egg
- 2 Cow Hides
- 2 Dog Meat
- 7 Dragon Bones
- 2 Dragon Scales
- 1 Elk Hide
- 2 Falmer Armor
- 2 Falmer Ears
- 1 Frostbite Venom
- 2 Goat Hides
- 2 Goat Horns
- 1 Hagraven Claw
- 1 Hagraven Feathers
- 1 Horker Meat
- 1 Horker Tusk
- 1 Horse Hide
- 1 Horse Meat
- 1 Mammoth Snout
- 1 Mammoth Tusk
- 3 Mudcrab Chitin
- 1 Naaslaaren Scales OR 1 Voslaaren Scales
- 1 Sabrecat Pelt
- 1 Sabrecat Tooth
- 1 Sahrotaar Scales
- 1 Sorgul Scales
- 1 Spider Egg
- 1 Spriggan Sap
- 1 Taproot
- 2 Troll Fat
- 2 Troll Skulls
- 1 Venison
- 1 Vulthuryol Scales
- 2 Wolf Pelts
- 1 Yekren Scales