- 1 Quick Walkthrough
- 2 Detailed Walkthrough
- 2.1 Show the Dwemer Schematics to Madras
- 2.2 Show Madras the schematics after the excavation
- 2.3 Gather the items on Madras' list
- 2.4 Deliver the building supplies to Madras.
- 2.5 Give Madras a few days to get the project started
- 2.6 Return to Madras in the Planetarium
- 2.7 Help Madras build the Planetarium
- 2.8 Speak to Madras
- 2.9 Give Madras 2 days to finish the Planetarium
- 2.10 Check with Madras to see if the Planetarium is finished
- 3 Notes
- 4 Dome Views
- 5 Quest Stages
- The quest will start when you find the Dwemer Schematics in Karagas' Tower during the Excavation of the Ruins of Rkund.
- Show the Dwemer Schematics to Madras.
- Show Madras the schematics after the excavation.
- Gather the items on Madras' list.
- Deliver the building supplies to Madras.
- Give Madras a few days to get the project started.
- Return to Madras in the Planetarium.
- Help Madras build the Planetarium.
- Speak to Madras.
- Give Madras 2 days to finish the Planetarium.
- Check with Madras to see if the Planetarium is finished.
Show the Dwemer Schematics to Madras
Show the curious Dwemer Schematics to Madras in Karagas' Tower. He will explain that he's too occupied with Karagas' Transmutation Forge at the moment and that you should show him the schematics again once the team is back at the Explorer's Society Guild House.
Show Madras the schematics after the excavation
After the team has returned to the Explorer's Society Guild House (takes 3 in-game days), talk to Madras again to start building your own Planetarium. He will give you a list of materials he needs to get started.
Gather the items on Madras' list
Read the list in your inventory to see what he requires and collect all the items.
- 75 Quarried Stone
- 40 Dwarven Metal Ingots (the journal says "Dwemer" Metal Ingots, but it is actually Dwarven Metal Ingots that are needed)
- 25 Sawn Logs (not actually shown in inventory)
- 5 Iron Fittings
Deliver the building supplies to Madras.
After you've gathered all the materials, return to Madras. He will explain that he needs a few days to start the project.
Give Madras a few days to get the project started
After one day the door to the Planetarium will be unlocked. However, Madras is still working and has only generic dialogue. Wait another 24 hours until the objective updates.
Return to Madras in the Planetarium
Go to the Planetarium (you can now teleport there with the Curator's Guide) and speak with Madras. In the meantime, he has set up a Carpenter's Workbench with some instructions that "even Fafnir could follow".
Help Madras build the Planetarium
Interact with the workbench to start constructing the device. Note that it will take a lot of Dwemer stuff to finish the Planetarium, so it's advised to rummage through some Dwemer Ruins first.
After every device you've built, a popup message will inform you how long you worked on it. You'll find yourself at the built device, return to the workbench to continue.
The following table shows the devices and materials needed:
(Time to build [hrs])
|Materials needed (Count)|
|Dwarven Metal Ingots||Quarried Stone||Centurion Dynamo Cores||Dwemer Cogs||Dwemer Gears||Dwemer Gyros|
|Planetarium Dome (8)||30||25||5|
|Planetarium Lights (4)||10|
|Shielding Plates (3)||25|
|Shielding Plates (3)||25|
|Cooling Pipes (6)||20||5||5|
|Cooling System (12)||20||5||5||5|
|Main Boiler (16)||120||10||30||30||45|
|Upper Walkways (8)||25|
Speak to Madras
After the last device is built, the quest will update. Let Madras know that good progress is made. He will sent you away so he can finish the Planetarium.
Give Madras 2 days to finish the Planetarium
Leave the Museum for two days until the quest updates.
Check with Madras to see if the Planetarium is finished
When entering the Planetarium Madras will explain how it works and give you a Planetary Cube. Wait for him to walk up to the control panel, otherwise he won't mention the quest. In SSE the quest marker points to a hidden door beneath the floor. Simply take the elevator up and approach Madras (let him explain it without interacting with him), the hidden door is just for Madras to get up.
- The amount of required materials used to be much higher before Classic V19 and after every step the player had to return to Madras, this has been changed since V19 and in SSE.
- The dome from the Sky Cube shows the actual sky and will change with weather adjustments like Clear Skies.
- If you have Skyrim Immersive Creatures or Dwemer Spectres installed, an easy way to get Dwemer Gears is to travel to Reachwind Eyrie. The level 20 dwemer spectre boss there named Mthancel Fareyes will have 315 dwemer gears on him, as well as the artifact Clutterbane which is displayable. You can smelt any excess into ingots or craft dwarven fragments for archaeology if you have the perk.
|A Path to the Heavens (DBM_PlanetariumQuest)|
I have found curious Dwemer schematics in Karagas' Tower. I should show these to Madras and see what he makes of them.
Objective 0: Show the Dwemer schematics to Madras.
Madras is too occupied with the transmutation machine at Karagas' Tower in Rkund to look into the schematics I found. He told me to bring them to him once we are back at the Guildhouse.
Objective 5: Show Madras the schematics after the excavation.
Madras has given me a list of items to collect for building the Planetarium. He needs 75 Quarried Stone, 40 Dwemer Metal Ingots, 25 Sawn Logs and 5 Iron Fittings. Once I have them all I should deliver them to him at the Guildhouse or museum.
Objective 10: Gather 75 Quarried Stone for Madras (0/75)
|11||[Technical Stage - Checks if quest can progress when one or more totals are met]|
Madras has given me a list of items to collect for building the Planetarium. He needs 75 Quarried Stone, 40 Dwemer Metal Ingots, 25 Sawn Logs and 5 Iron Fittings. I have all the materials now, I should deliver them to him at the Guildhouse or museum.
Objective 15: Deliver the building supplies to Madras.
I delivered the building supplies to Madras and should give him a few days to get started on the project.
Objective 20: Give Madras a few days to get the project started.
[Technical Stage - Registers for 24 hour update, on first update enables exterior planetarium with locked door, on second update enables door and fires next stage. Will only return if Madras is not on an expedition]
I should check in with Madras to see how the Planetarium project is going.
Objective 25: Return to Madras in the Planetarium
Madras has made some headway on the Planetarium. He's now asked for my help in continuing the build. I should gather the materials and see what I can make at the workbench.
Objective 30: Help Madras build the Planetarium.
After a lot of hard work, we're nearly done with the Planetarium. I should check in with Madras to see what needs to be done next.
Objective 35: Speak to Madras.
Madras says I've helped as much as I can and now he needs a couple of days to finish everything up. I'll be glad to get some fresh air, he's been in there so long it's starting to smell a little.
Objective 40: Gives Madras 2 days to finish the Planetarium.
[Technical Stage - Registers for 24 hour update, on first update disables some of the clutter in the room, on second update completes the array assembly. Will only return if Madras isn't on expedition]
|41||[Technical Stage - Called after first 24 hour update]|
I should check back at the Planetarium when I get a chance to see if Madras has finished building it.
Objective 45: Check with Madras to see if the Planetarium is finished.
|46||[Technical Stage - Add Star Map Cube to Madras and triggers ending scene when approaching Madras]|
Madras and I have finished building the Planetarium. He has shown me an impressive projection of Nirn and it's moons, using a Dwemer Cube. He also said there are probably other cubes that will give different results when used here. I should keep an eye out.
[Technical Stage - Completes Quest]
|100||[Technical Stage - Can be called to skip entire quest and enable all relevant objects]|